Sunday 8 February 2015

Lush Cosmetics Mothers Day 2015 Collection (overview)

I love my mum more than I love anything or anyone in this world.  My love for Lush doesn't even come in sight to the love I have for my mum.  She is the most wonderful and special person in my life and has held my hand and walked with me through the toughest year of my life (2014) and has done this throughout my life.  I know this isn't a memoir or a book that's going to blow the nation and world away, but I write this overview of Lush Cosmetic's Mother's Day Collection thinking of my mum, Elaine.  Mother's Day isn't until the 15th of March in the UK so I'm quite happily assuming this collection will be with us (at this point) for over a month and a couple of days.  That gives us all plenty of time to break the bank twice over, hopefully!  Well, what are we waiting for!? Let's get on with it!

Secret Garden: £2.95

This bath bomb makes me think of my front porch and garden just at the end of winter into the beginning of spring.  At this time a lot of the planted bulbs from months ago start to show they're growing and about to bloom.  I cannot help but smile when I see the beginning shoots of Daffodils pop up out of nowhere and today I actually saw the first one.  It was so strange to see that, it really is a spooky coincidence.  So to me, Secret Garden is a sweet reminder of growth and that a warmer time is going to fall upon us in the coming months.


With its vibrant green colour and pink printed flower it cannot go unnoticed or untouched I might add by all customers and Lushies in the Lush Store.  Seriously I thought I was going to have hit someone.  What I found strange but really lovely about this incident is that Secret Garden isn't even one of the new products.  I'd thought it would have been the new products I would turn into the Queen Lion of the Jungle for, so I could get to see, picture, smell and buy them.  But no it was Secret Garden - who has been up before - that caught everyone's eye.  I guess people are just so happy to see the back of winter... and Lush Christmas?? Waaaah.  But Secret Garden is a pleasant bath bomb which will start your Spring off with a good step into a bath.  It's mesmerising show of colours when it fizzes away and its blossom of floral fragrance and components from yellow rosebuds, rose petals and marigold petals will definitely show you why missing winter won't be so bad.

----

Yummy Mummy Collection (shower gel: £4.75/£9.50/£15.95) (body conditioner: £19.95)
Can we just pause for a second? I want to ask everyone to stand and give Lush a standing ovation and applause for the next two products from the new and beautifully scented Yummy Mummy Collection.  What a bloody achievement you have made here.  I expect these two products EVERY YEAR for Mother's Day and if you don't I'll protest until I have an army of people on my side.

Yummy Mummy... It's very, very yummy.  The most prominent thing you will smell in these two products is Brazilian orange oil and the fragrance of Strawberries.  I couldn't quite figure out at first what the base was and although both products have Tonka Absolute in them, I feel it isn't that.  I've decided it's the Brazilian Orange Oil and a perfumed fragrance of strawberries you will smell.  Obviously you could disagree with this or have your own idea - please feel free to tell me, I'd like to hear your thoughts - but I suspect it is these two things.



The Yummy Mummy shower gel is an amazing pastel purple colour and has glitter through it.  Pastel colours are in fashion at the moment here in the UK.  All I hear on the fashion news is how lovely the Queen and Kate Middleton look in their pastel coats right now, and they do look lovely.  So Lush are very in sync with what is going on fashion-wise in my opinion, I find they're very smart about how they market their goodies.  When smelling Yummy Mummy I could also smell the Carrageenan Extract which is also in Lush's Christmas shower gel Snow Fairy.  I'm still on a Snow Fairy binge since Christmas, I shower with it almost everyday so I'd say I'm an expert on products similar to Snow Fairy.  It's just a faint similarity but it is there alright and it will definitely soothe the pain of finishing my soon to be empty Snow Fairy shower gel.  Also, people have shared their opinions that Yummy Mummy shower gel smells like the newly released Kerbside Violet perfume by Lush.  I don't know if it doesn't considering my local Lush didn't have it in stock yet, but I'll give you my thoughts on this.  Lower in this post I talk about colour scheme with some products, and I'd say Yummy Mummy and Kerbside Violet will go perfect together as a gift considering their purple design.  But do they smell alike? Well as I said I can't really see if I don't know.  However, the ingredients of both products aren't similar whatsoever.  There is perfume in Yummy Mummy so if they do smell alike I can only assume that the perfume in the shower gel is in fact Kerbside Violet.  If not, I think it's safe to say they won't smell alike or will have a familiar base.

How many Yummy Mummy shower gels i've bought so far: 2


Moving On.  Can I just say finally.  Finally. FINALLY.  I have been pestering Lush by email, Facebook, in store and sometimes Instagram as well to make another body conditioner.  As someone with skin problems and the only option I have is to use natural products like Lush, I was a little and I mean a little bit disappointed in the new 2014 release of African Paradise body conditioner.  It's great and I use this product, it has a spicy aroma and makes my skin super soft.  But, I'm more a sweet, citrus and fruity gal.   Admittedly, Yummy Mummy is now my favourite body conditioner.  Hands down my favourite and the best fragrance'd body conditioner Lush have made.  I will be buying at least two of these, but I can feel my hoarding instinct coming out to buy probably four pots.   So I must note my gratitude and and happiness for Lush and thank them for introducing this body conditioner, even if it is just for a couple of weeks.

Like its partner shower gel, Yummy Mummy body conditioner has the prominent Brazilian Orange Oil, fragrance of strawberries and Carrageenan Extract all round fragrance.  Except in this one, there is actually Strawberry juice! I don't know why strawberry juice isn't in the shower gel and since they smell so alike, I must question here if the 'perfume' in the Yummy Mummy shower gel is perfumed fragrance of strawberries rather than Kerbside Violet?  Since the shower gel and body conditioner are so alike!

Now, this is just an overview of the Mother's Day 2015 Collection but I do intend to review the Yummy Mummy collection ASAP and before anything else.  I'm seriously in love with it so keep your eyes peeled.


How many Yummy Mummy body conditioners I've bought so far: 3
---

Ultraviolet Bubble Bar: £4.75
I thought the Yummy Mummy summary was never going to end! But here comes Ultraviolet.  Anyone disappointed in this? Anyone hate it? Anyone think of Willy Wonka and his brilliant factory? Anyone completely and entirely surprised by this?? Well I'm surprised.  I expected this bubble bar to smell like Violet Nights bath oil (Lush Kitchen product for those who don't know) and it really, really doesn't.  Wanna know what this smells like? Go outside of your house or wherever you are right now and pick up a handful of earth.  That sums up the new Ultraviolet bubble bar.  An earthy bubble bar.  Bathing in the fragrance of dirt... Is it bad that I like it?
I love earthy scents! Ultraviolet does have Violet Leaf Absolute and Gardenia Extract which is where I think the earthy fragrance comes from.  Violet Leaf Absolute does produce a deep aroma which would be surprising to people who believe it to be a light floral fragrance.  I love Ultraviolet and I will be getting this bubble bar.  Hey, I'm entitled to it.  I dub myself a mum by owning dogs.



How many Ultraviolet bubble bars I've bought so far: 4

---

Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb: £3.50
The new Mother's Day bath bomb is called Rose Bombshell and that is exactly what it is, a bombshell. Surprised? Surprised.  However, not a good surprise like Ultraviolet.  I'm not even going to spend a lot of time covering this one as it's plain opposed to the others.  Rose Bombshell is the biggest disappointment in the Lush Mother's Day Collection as - are you ready for it? - this bath bomb smells like mashed potatoes.  Yes you did read that right.  I must stress this isn't just my opinion as my whole local lush store said they thought this as well.  We concurred it had to be the Soya Milk Powder which creates the potato fragrance.  With a dull exterior as well, it's not got much of a leg to stand on in winning the best Mother's day product.  My mum hated this as well so I'd politely advise you to avoid this one for your mums, yourself or any person you want to show your gratitude to! This isn't a good gift.



---

Mother Superior Bubble Bar: £3.75
Mother Superior bubble bar.  Or as I like to call it "a baby".  When I went into my local Lush, I picked this up and I saw a baby wrapped in a blanket.  You see this made sense to me as it is 'Mother's Day' and how do you become a mother (generally)? By having a baby! So when I saw my mum and the lush ladies giggling at me I knew I'd made a mistake somewhere.  Did I have glitter on my nose? Or powder? Had I broken it or something? No, I just totally made a fool of myself apparently.  I'd said;
"Oh my god! A baby bubble bar!! That's so cute. (SMELLS BUBBLE BAR AND TURNS TO MUM) Smell the baby bar."
Yes I totally ignored the little black chalkboard telling me it was called Mother Superior.  Let's just all call it Baby okay? No? Fine let me be embarrassed.


Mother Superior's fragrance is a mix of Sakura ballistic, Rub Rub Rub shower scrub and a little Seanik shampoo bar..  Personally I love this fragrance and BABY will be in my basket when I place my order online this week.  The bubble bar has a really great design and it was rather creative of Lush to an extent.  Plus, I can't really knock its design anyways as it's given me a lot of amusement and hilarity today so it especially has a soft spot with me.

How many Mother Superiors I've bought so far: 3

---

Bubblegrub Bubbleroon: £2.95
Can you express cute any bigger or bolder than Bubblegrub!? This is the sweetest bubbleroon I've seen by Lush.  It's perfect for the beginning of Spring since all the little beasties start to be seen more when the flowers are blooming.  It's just a shame poor little Bubblegrub's white chocolate eyes are so fragile they fall off easily - quite clearly!



Bubblegrub has a summer holiday fragrance for me.  He signifies the smell of sunscreen, aftersun and moisturiser which can be found quite easily during the summer months.  I've went on holiday to Florida a couple of times over the years and Bubblegrub reminds me of things I smelt across the pond.  This is just a wishing star for anyone who wants and wishes to be away getting a tan or it could possibly be a countdown for people going on holiday - if you feel the same way I do about it.  I suspect it is the Vertivert Oil, Gardenia Extract and the Vanilla Pod which creates this holiday fragrance.  All of this together makes a coconut fragrance! How? I don't know but it does and it's brilliant.  Totally brilliant.  I'm definitely walking towards my bath like a butt-naked minion humming 'In the Summertime' and squealing for Bubblegrub.  As you can probably tell, this one is going to be bought by me for me. He!
(Listen to 'In the Summertime' here by Mungo Jerry)

How many Bubblegrubs I've bought so far: 3


Love You Mum Soap: £4.25/£8.50/£21.25
Both mum and I aren't in love with this soap and I would have mentioned it earlier in the post to get it out of the way but what's it called? 'Love you mum'.  I felt it was fitting to wrap up my overview of the Mother's Day 2015 Collection with this sentiment as that is what all the products shown above are for; Mother's Day.  Let me say I didn't not like this soap and if I was gifted it I'd be a happy person.  But there are soaps by Lush I'd rather buy instead.  But it is a really good soap and will be good to give to your mum this Mother's day.  Personally, I think Lush would have been better making the soap's base purple to match the Yummy Mummy shower gel and Ultraviolet bubble bar.  It all would have tied in together nicely since there would be a colour scheme going on and gives a variety of products as a gift (shower gel, soap, bubblebar etc).


But I really do love the soaps allover design.  I think the floral look is beautiful and a really good representative for Mother's everywhere.  Mother's are sweet, precious and lovely like most flowers.  It's also a great shift for people's mindsets who are still in a winter time season.  Well, it isn't winter much longer! Love You Mum soap has mimosa absolute, jasmine absolute, bergamot oil and rapeseed oil and coconut oil.  This is a very uplifting soap quite clearly with its prime ingredients.  There will be a lot of people who love this soap for that reason alone.  I actually might get this soap just for a change from my sweet tastes, as it is the perfect change.  I'm still undecided.  Perhaps another trip to Lush is in order!

Here's a list of the Mother's Day 2015 Collection:
  • Yummy Mummy Shower Gel
  • Yummy Mummy Body Conditioner
  • Ultraviolet Bubble Bar
  • Mother Superior Bubble Bar
  • Bubblegrub Bubbleroon
  • Love You Mum Soap
  • Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
  • Secret Garden Bath Bomb
And that's us until new products are released or the Easter Collection for overviews! Thank you so much for reading and I hope all the mums out there get spoiled rotten, with gifts and love.  I love you mum! 

Lush Voyage

Instagram: @lushvoyage


No comments:

Post a Comment