Thursday 9 April 2015

Tea Tree Toner Tab review: "This is a skin treat"

Tea Tree toner tabs (£1.00) have always been overlooked by me.  I was given a facial cleanser machine (a steamer) in my early teens and absolutely hated it.  I couldn't handle the heat of the steamer and I actually felt it burnt my face.  Given how bad my cystic acne has acted up as of late, I decided to pick up two of the Tea Tree toner tabs to give them a go.  And I've tried them out.

Very much like a bath bomb, these little things fizz and cackle away when you pop them into a warm bowl of water.  The pictures demonstrate what they look like when fizzing.  Immediately the smell of these little guys is unleashed which I found rather surprising.  In it's solid form I barely smell any fragrance but as it fizzes away it comes all at once.  I'd say Tea Tree toner tabs smell really medicinal and that is all I can really say to round it up.  It has a really antibacterial medical smell... Love it or hate it, which I'm indifferent too.
Lush recommend you drop this into a bowl of steaming water and cover your head with a towel to get a really good cleanse.  I did this and as a first timer I found this really, really difficult.  To begin with I felt like I had no air and that someone was physically choking me and I actually thought I'd have to back out and waste it.  
Thankfully, I adjusted and could breath through the steam and could bare the heat too.  I did this for around ten minutes wishing for the time to go much faster than what it did.

When I finished up I felt relaxed and ready for bed.  My whole body just relaxed the way it does using bath bombs which I didn't expect.  And when I got up the next day I noticed my cysts had reduced in size.  I was really surprised by this, which shows me what faith I had in this toner tab.  I didn't expect it to do anything but it has.  Now I'm being cheeky and wishing it had got rid of the cysts entirely... Give a step and they take a mile as the saying goes.

The three big acting ingredients in this toner tab are Tea Tree oil, Organic Aloe Vera powder and Chlorophyllin.  Aloe Vera is known to soothe the skin and cool it down which is very beneficial for people with sunburn or redness from the cold.  And here's a cool fact: Chlorophyllin has a distinct quality of making Lush products green! I think the only two products that aren't green with this ingredient in it is their Handy Gurugu hand cream and The Greeench deodorant, and even then they are a dull white.  Chlorophyllin helps balance the skin by working with other ingredients to balance out skin's sebum.  It's also believed to soothe and protect the skin with healing properties.  And Tea Tree oil has many benefits.  It is antibacterial, antiseptic, antifungal and is very useful to help clear the skin and make it blemish-free.


All in all I was really shocked at how much I really liked using this product and also how effective it is.  I'm rather bummed I haven't tried it sooner.  This really relaxed me and soothed my mind and quite literally put me to bed with how relaxed I was.  My skin felt super soft after using it and the next day I felt a total change in the condition of my skin.  Not only did it minimize the size of my spots but I felt when I did my morning routine (ocean salt, tea toner water and vanishing cream) it felt much richer and my skin responded to it better than what it has the past three weeks.  Particularly my moisturiser - I haven't been enjoying Vanishing Cream as much I thought I would, but it actually felt like my skin soaked it up this morning.  I can't take this as a coincidence considering I've been using it for almost a month.  The toner tab definitely has done something to skin.  I think what amazes me is how powerful this little product is and believe me, it's powerful.  I recommend Tea Tree toner tab to anyone who has problem, oily and spotty skin.  This is a skin treat and I hope very much it's as effective for others as it was for me.  I've already ordered more with my latest Lush Kitchen order.  Just remember though - this made me very tired so I'd recommend doing it when you know you're home for the night!

Next time when I use this I'm going to pair it up Cupcake face mask.  I'll do the toner tab cleanse first and then do my face mask to give my face a full treatment - you can do this! Lush actually recommend it too.  I'll be adding this to my face care regime every two days or so, perhaps whenever I use my face mask.  I just need to get myself to my lush store to get a bucket full of them!




Toner Tab Steps:

  • I gave my face a clean with a hot cloth so the toner tab would directly treat my pores - you'd obviously do this if you had make-up on too.
  • I used boiling water from a kettle.  I boiled the water and poured it out about five minutes later.  I wanted to give the water time for the burning heat to calm down. Remember steam can be dangerous! 
  • I popped the toner tab into my bowl of water and hoovered over the bowl with a towel covering both the bowl and my head - I did this for ten minutes.
  • Then I was done and poured it away.  BUT you can keep the toner tab water for up to a week for a refreshing spritz/cleanses - you must keep it in your fridge.


Thanks for reading!

Instagram: @lushvoyage
Facebook: LushVoyage



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks for sharing your amazing skincare routine.
    I’ve been searching for others routine where I can get ideas and this one is the best.Well done!
    3-In-1 Nano Ionic Facial Steamer is more than just a facial steamer,
    it’s a complete home blackhead removal kit that’s perfect for treating them.
    The benefits of Nano-steam include up to 10 times improved blood circulation, improved cell vitality, and improved oxygen absorption.

    ReplyDelete