Saturday 7 February 2015

Lush Cosmetics Valentines Day 2015 Collection (overview)

Love is in the air... At Lush until Febraury 14th! Yes everybody, it is fast approaching Valentine's Day.   The holiday that truly puts Christmas in a box until it's festive time again.  So that means out with Lush Christmas and in with the Valentine's goodies!

Today I visited my local Lush shop to have a look at both the Valentine's Day Collection (and the new Mother's Day Collection - click here to see Mothers Day 2015 Collection overview )

Prince Charming Shower Gel: £4.75/£9.50/£15.95

Let's start off with good old Prince Charming shower gel.  Now, can I just say, how much I loooooove this shower gel.  Sometimes it even beats Snow Fairy (for me, not everybody of course).  Talking about Snow Fairy, I really like how Prince Charming's colour is similar if not identical to Snow Fairy.  It's like Lush understand that Lushies really feel blue seeing the shower gel go away again for most of the year, so they make an awesome shower gel the same colour to make the blow less obvious.



Prince Charming is as sensual as it gets.  It's sweet, it's got a whole load of musk and is as fruity as hell - getting me prepped and primed for Spring - bring it on baby! The vanilla root and grapefruit blend really well together to make a scent that is unbelievably delicious.  This shower gel will make you want to hug yourself as you lather it up all over your body, because, it's also got a touch of depth.  Hello sandalwood oil and geranium oil, it's nice to smell you.  These two together bring a musky smell that will make all nostrils surely swoon. Together, mixed with vanilla and grapefruit make this a romantic partnership of light and heavy, like men and women.  Poetically and metaphorically, this shower gel is a combination of what two lovers bring to the table.  One possesses something the other does not have, such as grapefruit is not heavy and sandalwood is not light.  A very sensual product.

How many Prince Charmings I bought: 2

The Kiss Lip Scrub: £5.50
The Kiss Lip Gloss: £5.99


Next we have the The Kiss - lip scrub and gloss.  I like to see lip scrubs in the seasonal collections as I feel three is just not enough.  The Kiss lip scrub really makes up for this terrible torture.  Its amazing red-but-not-red-kind-of-pink-but-not-pink colour really sets the tone of fancy.  Scrubbing your lips with this stuff literally feels like eating that little corner piece of chocolate you know you shouldn't really have but it's already in your mouth before you think.  What I think is really unique about this lip scrub is the fact it has little edible sprinkles and hearts.  What's the common gift we all receive on Valentine's Day??? Confectionery! Lush Cosmetics have even captured the somewhat traditional and common gift of sweet treats in a little jar of lip scrub.  This amazes me.  The lip scrub itself tastes like sherbet and guaranteed you always either react with; "mmmm" whilst smiling or "aghhhh" whilst shaking your head involuntarily.  Sweet or sour? Try it for yourself!



The Kiss lip scrub is beautifully accompanied by equally dazzling The Kiss lip gloss.  First off, I like this for the fact it's pink.  We have red and nude/brown all year round and at Christmas we had Santa Baby.  I. like. pink.  Pink pink pink pink.  Thank you Lush for some Pink! The smell of The Kiss lip gloss is very much identical to the lip scrub and just as attracting.  The lip gloss leaves a lovely shimmer of pale pink which is complimentary to lip's natural tones.  It's not pink enough to go completely unnatural but there's just enough to make it right.  Will you be smacking lips with The Kiss?


How many The Kiss I bought: 1


Heart Throb Bubble Bar: £3.65

Well, well, well what is this? It's Heart Throb! An excellent new addition to the Valentine's Collection.  It shares the same scent with African Paradise body conditioner (click for review of African Paradise: Review of African Paradise Body Conditioner).  So, what can I say? It's cleverly designed to look like two hearts together to make one, just like... A couple! A relationship! Very cute, Lush.  This bubble bar provides people with the opportunity to try out the scent of a very steeped price body conditioner through an exciting new bath experience, rather than just using a sample tub of African Paradise.  Better yet, get a sample of African Paradise and use them as a combo! You'll definitely get to make up your mind then, if you're a lover or hater of this scent.


How many Heart Throbs I bought: 3


Love Locket is back and rightfully so.  There is a Lush product for each season which I'd say is the front face or defines it.  I'd really like to say Prince Charming or Unicorn Horn is the face of the Valentine's Collection but for me, it's Love Locket.  It's a big hearted bath bomb which is either the same size or bigger than your palm! You have the option to use this as one big bath bomb or break it for either two to three uses.  It's got a beautiful fragrance and will be in my basket for this Valentine's Day.  I'd say its fragrance is a mixture of jasmine absolute and sweets, maybe refreshers? It kind of links back to The Kiss lip scrub.  They don't share fragrance but when I try to think of products which relate to each other, I put Love Locket and The Kiss lip scrub.  Sex Bomb ballistic also pops to my mind, it's probably the undertones, I just find them alike.
For anyone who has the answer to this, since February 6th this bath bomb hasn't been available online... Anyone know why?


How many Love Lockets I bought: 3


Floating Flower Bath Bomb: £3.50

I'll start by saying I kind of dislike Floating Flower.  I'm not overly enthusiastic to the fact it's the only new bath bomb Lush are offering in this Valentine's Collection.  I mean c'mon, there should have been at least two bath bombs for diversity.  So I can't help but frown whenever I see this bath bomb.  Yeah, there's Love Locket but that's a must have! I hope the Lush Kitchen do some bath bombs the week up to Valentine's Day.
Floating Flower is as nature and floral orientated as bath bombs come containing gardenia extract, cypress oil and palmarosa oil.  Floating Flower is the fragrances Lust perfume and Godiva shampoo due to the additions of jasmine absolute and ylang ylang oil.  It's nice and it's design is really pretty, but I can't help but feel it's got a more spring-like season design like Secret Garden.  Spring doesn't come about in the UK until March and this bath bomb will be gone by then.  So, as much as it's pretty, why does it look like a product for Spring?



Cupid's Love Soap: £4.25/£8.50/£17

Cupid's Love soap returns! Well, it might have been called Neon Love before but I think Cupid's Love is ten times better and more appropriate.  It's red and pinkish design fits well into all Valentine's Collections.  What I get most from this soap is a rose, yoghurt and fig aroma.  It's strangely nice (to my sweet Honey I Washed The Kids nose) and I think I'll actually be purchasing this one.



The Lonely Heart Bubble Bar: £3.50

Can someone hand me a tissue? Because cue my tears at The Notebook, Bridget Jones Diary and Tangled whilst bathing in The Lonely Heart.  Yes my fellow Lushies, this one is for me and I'm not afraid to admit it.  I have a lonely heart and I have been wanting to find love for a while now and it just isn't happening.  So let me seek solace in The Lonely Heart - a dazzling gold glittered beauty.
I will be getting this gold heart for sure.  I'd say it's most prominent fragrance is citrusy caused by the lemongrass and bergamot oil. The biggest thing I smell when I lift this to my nose is this, although it also has some Lust/Godiva ingredients.  This is literally a valentines bubble bar which is avobath - my favourite bath bomb by the way.  Albeit I'm a bit hesitant with loads of glitter, I MUST have The Lonely Heart.   So stuff the red roses, give me this heart!!


How many The Lonely Hearts I bought: 2



Unicorn Horn: £3.25

And we're at the end.  I saved the best bath product last.  Can you guess it?  How can you when it's so mystical? How can you when it's not been caught from running wild? Of course it's Unicorn Horn! If you see this lavender goodness you snatch it as quick as you can and don't even think about whether you like it or not.  If you don't want to bath with lavender, sit it by your bed for sleepless nights.  You can't explain why you don't buy this.  It looks INCREDIBLE - it was deserving of those capitals and it deserves to be bought at least once.  This rainbow shimmery coloured lavender scented bubble bar just had me ramble on without reason or consistency.  It's that powerful! This is on my Valentine's Lush List for sure and will always be for future Valentine's as well.  It's so relaxing and it's colourful design captivates me more than I like to admit.  Go on, buy it.  You can even take a Unicorn selfie.


How many Unicorn Horns I bought: 3


So here's a round up list of the Lush Cosmetics Valentine's Day Collection of 2015:

  • Prince Charming
  • Cupid's Love
  • Heart Throb
  • Floating Flower
  • Love Locket
  • The Lonely Heart
  • The Kiss Lip Scrub
  • The Kiss Lip Gloss
  • Unicorn Horn

Thanks for reading lovelies and I hope you're enjoying Lush's Valentine's Collection, I certainly am.  And I hope you'll all enjoy Valentine's Day when it comes, spread the love!

Lush Voyage x

Instagram: @lushvoyage

No comments:

Post a Comment